Response Journal - The nightingale and the rose

This story wasn't one of my favorite. When I usually read short stories, i expect suspense and tension but The Nightingale didn't meet my expectations. Im not trying to say that it's a bad story, it just wasn't my type. In my opinion, the plot was basic and it was kind of easy to tell what was going to happen. It was more of a fairy tale then a short story to me. A Young man chasing an impossible love but his dear friend is going to make everything in order to make this love story happen. He dies in the process but everything should go well right? Nop, that ''beautiful girl'' that the student was chasing turned him down. I understand the plot twist a the end makes it a short story but it was way to predictable unlike Tell tale heart or The lady or the tiger where i was bitting my nails throughout the story and where the end made my jaw drop. However, one thing that surprised was how ungrateful was the Young student. The Nightingale gave his life away to make his dream come true and the only thing he had to say was ''she would not sacrifice herself. She thinks merely of music and everybody knows the arts are selfish''. The fact that he said that shows a lot about his personnality and the fact that he is ''young'' so he doesn't really understand life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response Journal - The lady or the tiger?

An Occurrence at Owl Creek